Monday, October 17, 2011

Grooveshark or "Please make me discover your music"

Though I have loved deezer for what it had brought to the world in terms of not having to go through the headache of making a playlist on youtube or having to go pirate with bitcomet, Deezer was s**t in terms of social. I mean everybody loves social nowadays, I spent a day at Microsoft listening to the "amazing discovery" of what social can bring to companies and discovered at the same time that I was part of the "Gen Y", don't like the term but like the fact that no matter how different I am from someone my age we can relate to some stuff.

Music is DA stuff, nothing can create a stronger bond between people, nothing can tell you about people more than music, just find out what someone is listening to and you can tell if the person is happy, down, having a party or even making love (Unless you know people who get it going while listening to Rammstein, in which case I wanna be friends with your friends!)

Grooveshark is just like the rest, nothing really special about it, the same big artists are missing (The Beatles.... How can I even call my "favorites" favorites if I don't get to put The Beatles in there, without even mentionning the injustice of being able to find The Stones).

On grooveshark you can connect, just tell a friend to have a two seconds subscription (No need for $#%^$# confirmation e-mails) and BANG, you can start following anyone who has an account.

Now following means seeing your friends' favorites, playlists, what they are listening to right now,everything! And that is the down side of it...There is something very personal about knowing that John Smith is listening to "9 Crimes" by Damien Rice, 'cause I mean, no one would listen to that if he was feeling that life is beautiful right now... Yet, in a personal selfish way, if you manage not to care about "why" but more have your focus on the "what", you will suddenly learn that you can discover new music, you suddenly become an animal hunting for anyone willing to listen to music on grooveshark so you can get to know new artists and create great new conversations with people.
People love hearing "hey, I listened to Markosiv Glabliblustil, he's the s**t, you listen to good stuff!".

Now do it or not, I have, and I am really enjoying these moments.

www.grooveshark.com
www.deezer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment